17 August 2014

Prime Cafe Bar, Plymouth






It was Friday afternoon and after a busy few days at work, I decided that I was going to hang up my apron and allow someone else to cook for me that evening. I need somewhere cheap, laid back and whom would top up my wine glass up in order to unknot the pain of a stressful head and allow me to unwind.

We have been going to Prime Cafe Bar for the past few months for a coffee and maybe the odd Tunnocks Tea Cake (oh, you little fluffy ball of childhood memories!) it's a great little place which has that industrial vibe that I have always been one for. So when I thought of going somewhere to eat which was value for money with a decent range of alcohol on offer this seemed the perfect establishment.

We arrived to the cafe and drooled over the daily menu which consists of around 5 dishes which change depending on what ingredients they have in stock- some of which comes from the owner's parent's vegetable patch! The dishes on offer sounded homely and ranging from around £5.75- £7.00.




My choice was prefect for me- simple yet effective with their choice of ingredients. I was ready to devour the potato salad topped with chorizo which came with a green leaf salad. It was delicious- the bowl was crammed full of potatoes which had been mixed with mayonnaise, capers and fresh dill so sort of similar to a tarter sauce (I actually use capers instead of gerkins in my homemade tarter sauce) and then topped with grilled peppers, crumbled feta and yummy smokey chorizo. I did add a little dash of Tabasco too which just wrapped all the flavours together. The side salad had been jazzed up with a little sweet balsamic vinegar and sesame seeds.  I was very satisfied with this bargain dish which was worth every penny of £7.00. My only criticism was I found eating out of a bowl a little awkward especially as I wanted to combine the leaf salad with the potato so I would have preferred a plate but apart from that I left with a satisfied belly and the need to return sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment